Three arrested over Cairo bombing القبض عل ثلاثة اشخاص على خلفية تفجيرات الحسين

23 Feb 2009, written by

ALJAZEERA :-

Egyptian police have arrested three people in connection with a bomb attack in a busy Cairo market, which killed a French teenager and wounded at least 21 others.

Investigators were hunting for clues on Monday after cordoning off the area close to the Hussein mosque, one of the capital’s most revered shrines.

“Three people there were arrested on the site as suspects after the attack,” a police official said.

“Others are being questioned as witnesses.”

Egyptian, French, German and Saudi nationals were injured during the blast on Sunday night in the popular Khan el-Khalili bazaar.

Police said initial evidence suggested a small explosive device, such as a hand grenade, had been thrown from an overlooking balcony.

Earlier reports had said bombs were planted under a seat near a cafe just outside the al-Hussein Hotel.

Motives unclear

The motive for the attack remains unclear and no one has claimed responsibility.

Police later detonated a second device without causing any injuries.

In depth


Video: Tourist killed in blast
Timeline: Attacks in Egypt

Blood stains could be seen in the front courtyard of the mosque, next to the famed bazaar.”I was praying and there was a big boom and people started panicking and rushing out of the mosque, then police came and sealed the main door, evacuating us out of the back,” Mohammed Abdel Azim, who was inside the mosque at the time, said.

Amr el-Kahky, Al Jazeera’s correspondent in Cairo, said some analysts had suggested a link to Israel’s offensive against Gaza last month, in which Egypt was criticised in the Arab world for not opening its Rafah border crossing with Gaza and not doing enough to help the Palestinians.

Government unpopular

Speaking to Al Jazeera, Samer Shehata, an expert in Arab politics from Georgetown University in the US, said it was unlikely that the attacks were carried out by a purely Egyptian group.

“It could have been Egyptians or a group that is affiliated to al-Qaeda or sympathetic to the international terror network,” he said, adding that the Egyptian government had taken a very unpopular position during the Gaza war.

Shehata pointed out that attacks in the past had targeted Egyptian tourism because it was one of the country’s leading sources of revenue and employment.

“Hitting the tourism sector is a direct blow to the state. The fact is previous attacks have also occurred in this sector, as opposed to targeting government officials or buildings.”

Khalil Alamany, of the Al Ahram Centre for Strategic Studies in Cairo, however, said it seemed unlikely that the attack was carried out by a large organisation, but rather was carried out by “just a few number of people who are trying to punish … the Egyptian regime by affecting one of the main sources of national income”.

The historic district was the scene of a previous bomb attack in 2005 in which two tourists were killed and 18 wounded.


Continue reading

protest tomorrow for pro gaza detaines وقفة احتجاجية غدا الساعة 12 تضامنا مع معتقلى غزة

22 Feb 2009, written by

   غدا الساعة 12 ظهرا امام مكتب النائب العام سوف يكون هناك وقفة احتجاجية تضامنا مع معتقلى غزة

tomorrow 12 pm protest at the general prosecutor building for pro gaza detaines 


Continue reading

Multi media cover EL-hussein explosion أنفجار الحسين

22 Feb 2009, written by

ARABAWY:-Explosion in Al-Azhar area

UPDATE : - GENERAL PROSECUTOR GONA REACH THE EXPLOSION OF EL-AZHAR AREA

UPDATE : - THE EGYPTIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY CALL THE EMBASSIES OF THE FOREIGN VICTIMS

UPDATE :- SOME OF SAUDIA ARABIA TOURISTS BETWEEN THE VICTIMS

UPDATE :- THE FUCKING INTERIOR MINISTER REACH THE AREA AFTER 45 MINUTES

FOXNEWS :-Tourists Wounded in Blast Outside Historic Cairo Mosque

REUTERS :- Two foreigners among four dead in Cairo blast: police

إصابات بانفجار قنبلة في حي الحسين بقلب القاهرة

Deaths in Egypt mosque blast

مقتل سيدة فرنسية فى انفجار قنبلة بمنطقة الحسين ..والنائب العام يكلف محققى النيابة بالانتقال لموقع الحادث

Names of injured and killed people in cairo bomb
Five Detained After Cairo Bomb Blast القبض على خمسة مشتبة بهم فى احداث الحسين
mohammed maree’s cairobomb Bookmarks
Ousted Habib Aldli أقيلوا حبيب العادلى
Tourists hit by Cairo bomb blast فيديوهات تفجيرات  الحسين الارهابيةvideos
EL-Hussein Explosion Bookmarks 23-2-2009
Three arrested over Cairo bombing القبض عل ثلاثة اشخاص على خلفية تفجيرات الحسين

Explosion in hussein twon in cairoعملية أرهابية فى منطقة الحسين بالقاهرة
Explosion in Al-Azhar area at 3arabawy
Report: explosion in Cairo at The Arabist
Rantings of a Sandmonkey ” Terrorist Attack In Cairo!
#cairobomb – Twitter Search
Explosion at Hussein Mosque in Cairo—إنفجار عند جامع الحسين بالقاهرة ” Grey Wool Knickers
Khan el-Khalili, Cairo Tourist Bazaar, Hit By Bomb Explosion
Global Voices Online ” Egypt: Bloggers React to Cairo bombings
Blast in Cairo “
Bomb Blast Kills Tourist in Cairo – NYTimes.com
AFP: Egypt arrests three over deadly bazaar bombing
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Suspects detained in Cairo blast
MULTI MEDIA COVER EL-HUSSEIN EXPLOSSION أنفجار الحسين
يالالالى:-/بالصور … تفجيرات الحسين
Al Jazeera English – Middle East – Three arrested over Cairo bombing
FOXNEWS :-Tourists Wounded in Blast Outside Historic Cairo Mosque
REUTERS :- Two foreigners among four dead in Cairo blast: police
Deaths in Egypt mosque blast
مقتل سيدة فرنسية فى انفجار قنبلة بمنطقة الحسين ..والنائب العام يكلف محققى النيابة بالانتقال لموقع الحادث
اقيلوا الكلب حبيب العادلى jaiku
jaiku/دم الضحايا ليس فى رقبة من فجروا ولكن فى الاساس فى رقبة من اهملوا امن المواطن على حساب امن النظام
jaiku/all of these fucking explosions occur as the fucking mubarak regime care of political security than criminal one
jaiku/THE FUCKING ELADLY REACH THE AREA OF EXPLOSION AFTER 45 MINUTES
إصابات بانفجار قنبلة في حي الحسين بقلب القاهرة


Continue reading

Explosion in hussein twon in cairoعملية أرهابية فى منطقة الحسين بالقاهرة

22 Feb 2009, written by

اربعة قتلى منهم اثنين من الاجانب بالأضافة الى 17مصاب منهم المان وفرنسيون  نتيجة عملية ارهابية حدثت منذ قليل فى منطقة الحسين بوسط القاهرة , بعض الاخبار تؤكد ان هذا الانفجار نتيجة القاء عبوة ناسفة فى وسط ميدان الحيسن , وقد عثرت قوات الأمن على عبوة ناسفة اخرى لم يتم تفجيرها


Continue reading

المفوض لشركة غزل المحلة يقاضي جريدة الدستور

21 Feb 2009, written by

قام المفوض لشركة مصر للغزل والنسيج فؤاد عبد العليم برفع قضية جنحة ضد عاملين بالشركة هما طارق أمين والقيادي في إضراب ديسمبر 2007 جهاد طمان فضلا عن رئيس تحرير جريدة الدستور إبراهيم عيسى والصحفيين بنفس الجريدة مصطفى بسيوني ومحمد أبو الدهب، وذلك بتهمة القذف في خبر نشر بالجريدة عن مظاهرة مرتقبة لعمال المحلة في يوم 30 أكتوبر. أول جلسة للقضية في يوم الأربعاء 25 فبراير القادم بمحكمة جنح تاني المحلة.

نص الخبر الذي نشر في الجريدة يوم 28 أكتوبر

dostour

dostour21

مأخوذ عن موقع http://id3m.com

also at 3arabawy :-

Mahalla bosses target workers and labor journalists

The Mahalla bosses are resuming their crackdown, not only on the factory workers, but also on labor journalists. The state-appointed CEO of Ghazl el-Mahalla has filed a lawsuit against Ad-Dustour editor Ibrahim Eissa and the paper’s labor correspondents Mostafa Bassiouni, as well as worker leaders Tarek Amin and Gehad Taman, accusing them of libel and inciting the October 2008 factory protests … The case will be looked into by a Mahalla court next Wednesday…


Continue reading
http://egytimes.org/wp-content/themes/platform